Blood Donation Tips
As a blood donor, there are certain steps you can take to help make your donation experience as safe, successful and pleasant as possible. Here are a few recommendations. Before Your Donation:
- Get a good night's sleep.
- Eat a good breakfast or lunch.
- Drink extra water and fluids to replace the volume you will donate, but avoid caffeinated beverages.
- Eat iron-rich foods to boost your iron level.
- Avoid fatty foods. Tests for infections done on donated products can be affected by fatty materials.
- If you are an automated donor, get plenty of calcium-rich foods and drinks for a few days prior to your donation.
- If you are a platelet donor, remember that your system must be free of aspirin for two days prior to donation.
|AIIMS|| Aurobindo Marg
6564851, 6564865, 6561123
|CPC Blood Bank|| Gagan Vihar, 2226347
Lajpat Nagar, 6834101
|Bajaj Blood Bank|| Karol Bagh
|Batra Hospital|| Mehrauli
6983747 / 7485 / 86 / 87
|Blood Bank Organisation|| Pusa Road,
|Indian Red Cross Society|| Red Cross Road,
3716441 / 6442
|Sunil Blood Bank|| Kotla Mubarakpur,
Opp. Defence Colony 4697646
|White Cross Blood Banks|| East of Kailash,